Robert A. Laskoff founded Laskoff & Associates in 1983, after having been a partner at another prominent trial firm in Lewiston.
Bob has practiced personal injury, workers’ compensation, family law and general civil litigation in the Maine area for over forty years. Over the span of his career, Bob has not only served witness to substantial changes in the law in these areas, but has also helped shape the law in the course of representing his clients. Bob has a long-standing reputation as a formidable advocate, and is nationally recognized as one of America’s top trial attorneys.
- Benham v. Morton & Furbish Agency, 2007 ME 83 [link]
My client was injured while a guest at her sister’s vacation rental. The trial court denied her recovery, but on appeal that decision was vacated. The appellate court held that the vacation rental owner owed my client a duty of care to provide safe conditions.
- Spooner v. Spooner, 2004 ME 69 [link]
Successful appeal of a divorce judgment which originally denied my client, the husband, his share of an investment account inherited by the wife.
- Ames v. DiPietro-Kay Corp., 617 A.2d 559 (Me. 1992) [link]
Verdict in favor of our client, a lobsterman injured while trying to repair an engine manufactured by the defendant, was upheld by the appellate court.
Bob resides in Lewiston, Maine with his wife, Jackie. Bob was born in Massachusetts, but has lived and worked in Lewiston since the start of his legal career in 1970. In his spare time Bob enjoys fishing and traveling, California wines, and art collecting.
- American Bar Association (Member – Family Law Section)
- American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Maine State Bar Association
- Massachusetts State Bar Association
- Maine Trial Lawyers Association (Board of Governors; Past President; Past Executive Editor of Newsletter)
- Maine Bar Foundation (Fellow)
- University of Maine School of Law Foundation (Vice-President)
- University of Maine School of Law (Board of Visitors)
- Maine Medico-Legal Society
- Androscoggin County Bar Association
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America, American Trial Lawyers Association (2009-2010)
- AV Preeminent 5.0 our of 5 Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Advocate, American Board of Trial Advocates (1995)
- Advocate National College of Trial Advocacy (1997)
- Patriotic Employer, U.S. Department of Defense, National Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (2010)
- U. S. District Court for the District of Maine
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- University of Maine School of Law (J.D., 1970)
- University of Maine at Orono (B.A., 1967)